Social media is rapidly changing business communications, both internally and externally. If you ignore the power of social media you may find yourself at in irrelevant company with a career in jeopardy. How you interact on social media sites directly affects both the company and career brand.
ThinkHR, the engine that powers UNICO HR Solutions, has created a valuable report on the social media landscape. This report includes the following “seven commandments” to consider when creating social media policies for your organization:
- Do not let anyone else post to your accounts.
- Do not post anything vulgar, pornographic, libelous, hateful, or spiteful, or otherwise attack anyone’s race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, etc.
- Do not represent the company on non-company sites without express permission.
- The company owns the rights to any content generated by its employees on its sites.
- Do not post third party content on company sites without express written permission from that third party.
- Understand and abide by the terms of the company’s social media policy.
- Lastly, please do not post valuable insights, information, strategies, and tools that support our customers and each other.
Also included in the report are strategies for the proper use of social media and risks inherent to social media use from a company and career perspective.
Click here to view the full report.
Additional resources on this important topic and many others, including sample language for policies and procedures, forms, documents, tools, checklists, and training guides, are exclusively available to clients who are enrolled in UNICO HR Solutions. To learn more about how you can start using UNICO HR Solutions, please contact Jen Liliedahl, HBE Manager, at 402-423-4343.