As we approach the end of 2014, we have summarized several important year-end tax planning strategies. This information will be helpful as you begin preparing for the upcoming tax season and any important financial decisions you will need to make before the end of the year.
Click here to read more about tax planning strategies for the following:
- Section 179 Bonus Depreciation
- Retirement Plan Considerations
- Required Healthcare Changes and Affordable Care Act
- Maximizing Itemized Deductions by Itemizing in Alternate Years or “Bunching” Deductions
- Timing Investment Gains, Losses, and Dividends
- Taking Advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
Please keep in mind that these are just a few suggestions to get you thinking. We also strongly encourage you to keep an eye on legislation (if any) as we come to the end of the year.
For more assistance, or to discuss questions you may have related to these or other issues, please contact any one of HBE’s trusted advisors at (402) 423-4343. We’re here to help you make the most of your year-end tax planning strategy and position you for a secure 2015 and beyond.