EDUCATING YOUNG PEOPLE ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF PERSONAL FINANCE
Based on HBE’s desire to give back to the communities we serve, we have made a commitment to helping local students improve their understanding of personal finances and develop long-term money management skills. We currently provide an educational presentation for high school students as well as interactive activities for students in kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Feed the Pig. A national public service campaign sponsored by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and The Advertising Council. The goal of the campaign is to encourage and help Americans aged 25 to 34 to take control of their personal finance. This site includes helpful tools, articles, tons of tips and other resources to help you on your path to financial stability.
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy. The 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy Web site offers general information for managing personal finances and does not recommend specific financial actions.
- HBE Rollin’ with It. Imagine you are a high school student who just got your first part-time job at the mall. You aren’t too concerned about how much of your money you spend, so you just “Roll” with it. You don’t have a plan in mind at all. This game is designed to show high school students the importance of saving money and spending smartly.
- Value of a College Education Handout. As you get ready to graduate high school, there are a lot of questions that will cross your mind. One of the biggest questions you may have is whether to attend college or not. One of the biggest reasons why you may question attending college is the cost; it can be expensive to go to college. Is the cost of attending college and earning a degree worth it?
- Financial Literacy Presentation Outline. This is the outline for a presentation on Financial Literacy provided by HBE LLP. It accompanies the slides for the presentation that HBE has provided.