ATTENTION NEBRASKA SMALL BUSINESSES
Nebraska Small Business Stabilization Grant
June 12, 2020
If you are a Nebraska-owned business who has been been struggling in the wake of COVID-19, we urge you to consider the Nebraska Small Business Stabilization Grant (SBS Grant). The SBS Grant allocates working capital that can be used to help you cover operating expenses, allowing you to get back on your feet and back to profitability.
Highlights of the SBS Grant program include:
- Eligible businesses include Nebraska-owned small businesses having between 5-49 employees as of March 13, 2020.
- Certain Nebraska-owned Livestock Producers with 1-10 employees may also qualify.
- Ineligible industries include Mining, Utilities, Finance and Insurance, Management of Companies, Educational services, Public Administration, and Lobbying and Political operations.
- Nebraska Department of Economic Development (DED) expects to provide qualifying businesses individual grants up to $12,000.
- Eligible uses of the SBS Grant funding include any operating expenses put toward continuing business operations.
- Grant application period runs from June 15-26 and are awarded on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the SBS Grant program, please click here to review the FAQs provided by the Nebraska DED.
This communication and any applicable contents pertaining to COVID-19 employer relief provisions is based on our professional judgment given the facts provided to us and the COVID-19 employer relief provisions guidance as of the date of the communication. Subsequent developments changing the facts provided to us, or differences in the final guidance and regulations once they are issued, may affect the advice provided. These effects may be material.